What is a cookie ?
This concerns tracers deposited and read, for example when consulting a website, reading an email, installing or using software or a mobile application, regardless of the type of terminal used, such as a computer, a smartphone or a digital e-reader.
The term “cookie” covers for example:
- HTTP cookies
- « Flash » cookies
- The result of the fingerprint calculation in the case of “fingerprinting” (calculation of a unique identifier of the machine based on elements of its configuration for tracing purposes)
- Invisible pixels or “web bugs”
- Any other identifier generated by software or an operating system
- Technical cookies for browsing: These cookies are necessary for storing data related to the user’s session (visit) on the website, in order to guarantee optimal service.
- Navigation analysis cookies: These cookies allow us to create and collect information relating to your journey when using our site, including the number of visits, the pages viewed, the sections visited, the duration of the session, the reference sources, research carried out, etc.
- Sharing cookies on social media networks: These cookies facilitate user interaction with our website through the use of their accounts on popular social media networks.
Yelhow may use these various cookies on its website, available in a mobile version, on its web applications, on its applications for mobile devices and on its extensions for internet browsers.
What is the retention period for cookies ?
The National Commission for Informatics and Liberties recommends that the period of validity of consent to deposit Cookies be a maximum of 13 months. At the end of this period, consent will be collected again.
Consequently, cookies have a limited lifespan of 13 months after their first deposit on your device.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are saved on your device or so that they are rejected, either systematically or based on their issuer.
You can also configure your browser software so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you before a cookie is likely to be saved in your terminal.
How to Exercise Your Choice, Depending On The Browser You Use?
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. How to modify your cookie preferences is described in the help menu of your browser:
- Edge™ : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy,
- Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac ,
- Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en ,
- Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences ,
- Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html ,
Using an Online Solution
You can also find and use a cookie management platform here: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
You can opt out of behavioral advertising by using the tool provided on this site.
This platform also covers cookies placed when using the share buttons.
More Information on Cookies
If you would like more information about cookies, visit the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs.