What is a cookie ?
This concerns tracers deposited and read, for example when consulting a website, reading an email, installing or using software or a mobile application, regardless of the type of terminal used, such as a computer, a smartphone or a digital e-reader.
The term “cookie” covers for example:
- HTTP cookies ;
- « flash » cookies ;
- the result of the fingerprint calculation in the case of “fingerprinting” (calculation of a unique identifier of the machine based on elements of its configuration for tracing purposes) ;
- invisible pixels or “web bugs” ;
- any other identifier generated by software or an operating system, for example.
- Our technical cookies essential for your browsing: These cookies are necessary for storing data related to the user’s session (visit) on the website, in order to guarantee him optimal service.
- Our navigation analysis cookies: These cookies allow us to create and collect information relating to your journey when using our site, such as: the number of visits, the pages viewed, the sections visited, the duration of the session, the reference sources, the research carried out.
- Our sharing cookies on social networks: These cookies facilitate user interaction with our website through the use of their accounts on the main social networks.
Yelhow may use its various cookies on its website, available in a mobile version, on its web applications, on its applications for mobile devices and on its extensions for internet browsers.
What is the retention period for cookies ?
The National Commission for Informatics and Liberties recommends that the period of validity of consent to deposit Cookies be extended to a maximum of 13 months. At the end of this period, consent will be collected again.
Consequently, cookies have a limited lifespan of 13 months after their first deposit in your terminal equipment.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Configuration of the browser
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are saved on your terminal or, conversely, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer.
You can also configure your browser software so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be saved in your terminal.
How to exercise your choices, depending on the browser you use?
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to modify your preferences in terms of cookies.
- For Edge™ : https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy,
- For Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac ,
- For Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en ,
- For Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences ,
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html ,
Using an online solution
You can also use a cookie management platform at the following URL address: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
You can choose to opt out of behavioral advertising by using the tool provided on this site.
The cookies placed when using the share buttons are also included in this platform.
More information on cookies ?
If you would like more information about cookies, you can consult the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs.